Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!!


Hopefully this year will be a good one. My resolution is to complete the PCT, lol.

I started my new year this morning, at 6:30 AM, by hiking with some trail maintenance friends to Mt. Echo in Pasadena. It was a fabulous hike! We had a potluck breakfast at the top, veggie and cheese omlet burritos, coffee and pastries...mmmm and then watched the fly by of the Stealths!

This place is fabulous! A hotel built in the early 1890's used to be there and a railway for the guests. All that remains are some steps that lead to the railway, foundation of the hotel, a love seat, and some pieces from the railway....but some serious history is there. It was a great morning, an awesome workout and fun times with friends.


The hike is only 2.7 miles, but 1300' elevation gain. I went as fast as I could go for the first two miles and checked the clock...45 minutes. I wasn't happy with my speed, but my hip didn't start hurting til right before the two mile mark...woohoo! Of course now I am feeling the pain more, but it was worth it! My legs are getting stronger and I am definitely getting faster on the uphill!

No comments: