Sunday, December 7, 2008

No training this week :-(


I have been sick with the flu all week and still feel like poop. I hiked a short four miles yesterday and it helped with the congestion but I had a fever afterwards. It's a good thing I love green tea! I have been asked by a friend, what I would do if I got sick on the trail. I told him I'd crawl back into my tent and sleep until I got better.

Some people say I am hard headed and strong willed, others say just lucky. Either way, I am fortunate to be able to walk again. Yesterday, I decided that when I finish my journey I want to write a book about it, and donate all the profits to two charities. One will be for research in spinal degenerative disease, which is what my best buddy and hiking partner, Droopy dog, passed away from in April. The other will be for people who need wheel chairs and can't afford them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your dog. Pets can be very cherished companions, and hard to loose.