Monday, March 23, 2009

waiting...preparing...getting nervous...I'm so over it already..


I am finally starting to feel the push of not having everything I need yet and only a few weeks away from the start date. I began going through all the food I have purchased so far and discovered that there is still sooo much more to buy and prepare...dehydrated veggies, refried beans and hummus, TVP, nuts...seems like the list is endless still. I also started separating the guide book, yogi's book and Halfmile's maps into the sections I will be resupplying at. I have all the mailing labels printed and separated as well. All tedious chores for my new adventure, making me long for the trail even more so. Is there a trail angel that will do this for me?

I still have alot of gear to buy too but I am waiting for some more money. I hate waiting. And I hate not having what I need so I can say I am totally ready...right NOW! I want to be free of all the planning and getting ready and everything else involved until I leave so that I can spend time with friends and family before I take off. They will be missed by me greatly, but I know they will also be supporting me in spirit as well.

A few months ago, time seemed to stand still. Now it is going to fast and I am beginning to freak out. This is really happening for me! I am excited and scared...still. this will be my first time camping in the wilderness alone without my beloved Droopy dog, my hiking partner and protector for many years. I miss him so and it will be hard sleeping alone without him. I know that everything will be alright out there as I feat the city much more than the wilderness...but nonetheless, it is scary doing something alone...in the dark...for the first time.

1 comment:

Duke and Toby's dad said...

Why did you only put a picture of your breakfast for the day on here?