Sunday, November 28, 2010

Been a long time....


since I posted on here. Guess it's time to start again. Alot has changed since my last post. My 2009 hike ended just more than half way b/c of a serious knee injury, I hiked again this year to raise money for Livestrong, but ran out of cash for the trip really early on, I have a new dog and hiking partner, named Frankie, I bought a beautiful VW transporter bus, named her Kharma, and I have been traveling in her from Cali to Canada when I am not hiking, I am back in Agoura Hills staying with my friend, Tony and his cute little doggies and although thinking it's time to settle again and get a real job, I am also planning another trip on the PCT. I am seriously addicted and can not stay away from it. I could hike everyday if my pockets and knee allowed.

Frankie loves hiking too and we make pretty good partners. It's just the beginning so we have some work to do but it will happen soon, it already is much better than the first few days together. He hikes a bit faster than I do. That's ok, he has four feet I only have two.

I am glad that there are so many trails in my backyard. My feet want to go and it's hard to relax without hiking everyday...18-25 miles. Yes that IS relaxing.

No comments: